Diversity and Inclusion Policy
At Atlantica, we are convinced that the diversity of our workforce is an asset that enriches the Company with different ideas, perspectives and experiences. We acknowledge the contribution from people from different genders, nationalities, cultures, races, professional backgrounds, abilities, socio-economic backgrounds and ages. We believe that employees with diverse skills represent an important resource, which increases our chances to identify innovative solutions and ultimately results in a positive impact on our business performance as well as in our stakeholders.
We promote diversity and provide a work environment free of discrimination, intimidation and harassment where everyone can fully participate in the success of the business and where all employees are valued for the distinctive skills and experiences they can bring to the Company.
Our goal is to build a workplace which allows for a prosperous workforce where everybody is treated equally and respected. We believe that a collaborative environment and good corporate climate is necessary to achieve the full potential of our people and improve the efficiency of our teams. Thus, enhancing our performance to meet stakeholder expectations via innovation and creativity.
At Atlantica, “Collaborative Environment” is one of our core values. Our values define who we are and how we behave both as individuals and as a company. As such, we commit through our diversity and inclusion policy to:
- Tolerate no discrimination in employment, including discrimination based on nationality, ethnicity, religion, caste, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership, political affiliation, health, disability, pregnancy, smoking habits, or any other characteristic protected by law, is prevented and not allowed.
- Zero tolerance of any form of abuse or harassment.
- Comply with all mandatory legal, regulatory or contractual obligations that could have a direct or indirect impact on diversity or inclusion.
- Create a supportive and understanding workplace environment in which all employees feel welcome, respected and listened to, and where they can realize their full potential regardless of their race, color, sex, age, religion, ethnicity, nationality, or disability.
- Continuously provide equal opportunities to all employees and to create an inclusive workforce by promoting employment equality integrity, rigor, individual responsibility and teamwork.
- Perform targeted recruitment according to legal, regulatory and contractual obligations.
- Provide attractive opportunities for professional development to outstanding employees and foster effective programs for managing employees’ talents to attract and retain the best-in-class talent. Promote the highest levels of teamwork and thus, improve the Company’s performance.
- Foster an open and honest communication at all levels by encouraging employees to share their opinions and concerns, and further, animating employees who hold divergent opinions to voice their views.
- Maintain adequate and regular communication channels to identify, avoid and/or resolve potential issues that may arise. In this sense:
- Atlantica’s Code of Conduct shall be published on our website.
- Atlantica’s employees shall receive periodic training on the Company’s Code of Conduct, values, policies, processes and procedures.
- Atlantica shall maintain an email address (firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com) and a section within the company’s webpage (https://www.atlanticayield.com/web/en/company-overview/corporate-governance/whistleblower-channel/index.html) to anonymously report breaches to the Code of Conduct.
- Consider implementing employee affinity groups, diversity councils, networking groups and/or mentorship programs taking into account Atlantica’s workforce size.
- Regularly and transparently report key metrics and initiatives taken to support our workforce’s diversity and inclusion.
The monitoring and accomplishment of this Diversity and Inclusion Policy is reviewed by senior management in the Human Resources Committee.